Valid IDs Philippines – It’s critical to have a valid ID anywhere in the world since you won’t be able to get access to important services. In the Philippines, most governmental or private institutions require at least two IDs to merely issue a financial transaction. Moreover, people without valid IDs can’t open a bank account (common everywhere in the world), ask for a loan, etc.
Valid IDs Philippines 2022
The Philippines used to be a country without a governmental identification system. But now, the system is working, and residents can get the PhilSys ID card. But if you aren’t one of those people who issued an ID, you may use other options.
This article describes valid IDs Philippines 2022. You may issue one of the options mentioned below to benefit from governmental and private services in the country.
Passport in the Philippines
Naturally, one of the valid IDs Philippines is the passport. Issuing a traditional passport in the country is a guarantee that you get a chance to travel outside the country (but not in all cases). A traditional passport allows its owner to benefit from the banking system, get a vaccine, etc.
Where and how to get a Passport?
Type in Google search “Department of Foreign Affairs” to find the link to an official government website. Find the form and fill it out to apply for a passport. Then choose a month and day of an appointment, then choose the city and office where you want to get a passport.
Note: residents can choose any available date and location beforehand. The passport is one of the valid IDs Philippines for ten years, and then you have to renew it and change the photo. Depending on the circumstances, its cost varies from PHP 950 to PHP 1,250.
The Philippines acknowledges three types of driver’s IDs:
- student license permit;
Issuing any of these IDs is a guarantee a resident gets access to services that require identification.
Where and how to get Driver´s License?
The best way to get this document is to register online at an LTO portal. Residents can choose the date and location of the appointment. The website also shows other documents a resident needs to take to apply for the license. The price to get a license varies from PHP 318 to PHP 820. Its validity is five years from the date stated on the document.
SSS UMID Card
Another document on our “valid IDs Philippines list” is the SSS UMID Card. It’s a Unified Multi-Purpose ID and is considered to be a 4-in-1 ID card. Residents have to apply Social Security System (SSS).
It’s one of the best options for the Philippines residents as it provides its owners with access to the Government Service Insurance System (GSIS), Pag-IBIG ID, and PhilHealth.
Where and how to get SSS Umid Card?
As mentioned, residents have to apply to the Social Security System. First, go to the official website and download the application. Fill it out and submit the document via mail or submit it in person at the nearest office.
This document provides its owners with access to health benefits in the Philippines. It’s free to issue the document.
Where and how to get PhilHealth ID?
Find the location of a PhilHealth Local Insurance Office (LHIO) to submit the form. You can download the standard form on the LHIO website.
Fill out the form and make sure to have the following items:
- two copies of the filled out registration form;
- two 1×1 photos;
- two valid IDs Philippines (a passport, driver’s license, etc.).
When everything is set, submit these documents and wait for a message from LHIO that the document is ready.
It’s a Tax Identification Number that can also serve as an identification document. It enables its owner to make financial transactions in a bank, open a bank account, transfer money, send and receive packages to and from foreign countries, etc. This document also enables foreigners to be employed.
Where and how to get a TIN ID?
The Bureau of Internal Revenue issues TIN. Find a local office to submit the required documents. Check out their official website to find the list of documents you need to get the ID.
The postal ID is a document that anyone in the Philippines can get. It’s one of the simplest identification cards, but it works. It does not guarantee such benefits as health care or access to some government services. But postal ID enables its owners to send or receive packages and perform some financial transactions.
Where and how to get a Postal ID?
Before visiting the local PHLPost office, prepare the following:
- fill out two copies of a PID application form;
- proof of identity document (SSS UMID card, a passport, driver’s license, or an NSO-issued birth certificate);
- address proof (Certified True Copy of Lease, Bank Statement, Barangay Certificate of Residency).
Download the registration form from the official website or visit the PHLPost office.
It’s a document that issues by the Commission on Elections (COMELEC). It’s a valid document that proves its owner’s ID. You can issue it and use most of the state benefits. If you have this ID, you can use it, but it’s impossible to issue it since 2017. In the mentioned year, the government launched the national ID system campaign. But owners of the ID still may utilize the document.
This ID is a document needed for such professionals as accountants, architects, engineers, doctors, dentists, etc. It’s a document that allows these professionals to work in the Philippines legally.
Where and how to get PRC ID?
A person who wants to get the PRC ID needs to submit documents to the Professional Regulation Commission. Check out their website to find the list of all requirements since they may change over time.
Senior Citizen ID
The name of the ID hints that it’s only for seniors. As soon as a resident reaches the age of 60, they may apply for a Senior Citizen ID with all its benefits. What does the document guarantee? Here are to name a few things:
- a 20% discount on meals at fast-food chains, medicine at pharmacies, on health and dental services;
- admission to the cinemas, theaters, and concerts.
It’s one of the most beneficial documents in the Philippines. Don’t miss out on the Senior Citizen ID if you are 60!
Where and how to get Senior Citizen ID?
Here are five steps that you need to do to issue the Senior Citizen ID:
- Visit the local Senior Citizen’s Affairs Office (OSCA). It’s important to visit the office in the city you reside in, not just in any city.
- Ask for an application form. You can download the form prior to your visit from the official Senior Citizen’s Affairs website.
- Fill out the application form. Typically, the form requires a citizen’s district, barangay, complete name, age, sex, address, etc.
- Submit the form.
- Wait for the message that the document is ready.
Note: the document is available only to the residents of the Philippines.
If a Filipino worker is employed in a foreign country, they may issue an OFW ID. The document aids employees overseas with government-related and bank financial transactions. It’s not an obligatory document, but it facilitates various financial operations abroad. It may also be used to prove your ID if you’re in the Philippines.
Where and how to get an OFW ID?
Issuing an OFW ID is a breeze. here’s what you have to do:
- create an account on DOLE’s website;
- find the OFW ID application;
- fill out and submit the form (electronically);
- choose delivery or pick up the document in person.
If you choose to pick up the ID, ensure you have any other document that can prove your identity. Without providing government workers an ID, you won’t get the OFW ID.
It’s a document that offers all legal benefits to the Philippines residents (an exception is senior benefits). The National ID is known under the PhilSys ID or Phil ID names. It’s a valid identity proof accepted anywhere in the country. The ID program was launched thanks to the Republic Act 11055 or the Philippine Identification System Act.
Having this ID means you don’t need any other ID. You can make open an account in any bank, issue financial transactions, vote, use healthcare benefits, etc. You still need a Driver’s license, though, if you want to drive a car. Senior citizens also need a Senior Citizen ID to use benefits.
Note: if an institution doesn’t accept the PhilSys ID, it will be fined up to PHP 500,000.
Where and how to get a National ID?
Go to the official Phil ID website (https://register.philsys.gov.ph/) and fill out the application. Then choose the date and location of an appointment. Visit the predetermined office to complete your national ID application procedure.
If you don’t have the national ID or any other mentioned IDs from the list above, consider other documents. Here’s the list of secondary IDs that are valid in the Philippines:
- Marriage Certificate. It’s a document that has details about two people who are married, so it can be used as an ID. The PSA issues the document.
- Barangay Clearance. It’s a document allowing businesses to operate legally on the Philippines territory. The document contains the data of a business owner. It’s issued by the Barangay Hall.
- OWWA Card. It’s only available for OWWA members. The card requires a monetary contribution and can be used as an identification card too.
- PNP Firearms License. All weapon owners must apply for this document. It’s not a widely used identification document, but it’s valid.
- Alien Certificate of Registration. Foreigners can use this document to prove their identity. All foreigners should apply to the Bureau of Immigration to get a temporary ID card.
- Solo Parent ID. From the name of the document, it is clear that it proves that someone is a parent to a child. The ID is issued by the City/Municipal Social Welfare and Development (C/MSWD) Office and can be utilized as a valid identification document.
If you have any of these documents, you can use them as secondary IDs. However, it’s best to have one national identification document or a passport.
Tips to Get an ID
If you want to issue any of the mentioned IDs, you may need some tips to make the process easier. Some of the following tips allow residents to save their time and money and issue required documents safely.
- Do not use services that don’t have governmental permission. Sometimes, people find ads online that promise to issue a document as quickly as possible, are cheaper, etc. Do not be tempted to use their services as it’s most likely a fraud. Typically, residents pay for those documents and either don’t get an ID or get a fake ID. It’s a waste of money, plus residents will have to pay the penalty in case they use fake IDs.
- Benefit from online applications and appointment systems. Before visiting any office that issues IDs, check whether they allow making an appointment. Most government services have online services and apps that enable easy access to users. You can set an appointment and avoid standing in queues. Moreover, in some cases, residents won’t even get a chance to apply for an ID if they don’t set an appointment online.
- Check the expiration date. All IDs expire. Each has a specific short period when residents can still use the document before they issue a new one. Keep an eye on the expiration date since, in some cases, people may pay fines for not issuing a new document while using an old one.
- Know your legal benefits. Many Philippines residents may enjoy various benefits, but they aren’t aware of such possibilities. Ensure you have all required IDs to get access to legal benefits.
These few tips should help you avoid trouble and facilitate the process of issuing an ID.
Final Thoughts About Valid IDs in the Philippines
These are all valid IDs Philippines you need to have. One document that provides the most benefits is the national ID or PhilSys ID. You can open a bank account, get all health benefits, etc.
But you also need other documents in different cases. For instance, residents need a driver’s license if they want to drive a car. A PhilSys ID will only prove the driver’s identity, not the right to drive a car. The same rule applies to senior or retired residents. They can’t get all benefits without the Senior ID. But if you need to prove your identity, all these documents are valid.